Robert LeMay is the principal of LeMay & Company, a CPA firm established in 1997 to address the financial accounting needs of small businesses. Robert has over 25 years of experience in the financial management of small companies. He has helped countless entrepreneurs realize their dreams of owning their own business, by guiding clients through the process of launching their business, managing growing pains and even assisting in the successful sale of the company. Born and raised in New England, Robert brings a no-nonsense approach to the world of accounting. He has an uncanny ability to break down the complicated rules of accounting in a way even the least financially savvy person can understand. Corporate citizenship is an integral part of LeMay & Company’s brand philosophy. Robert believes this begins at the top. Leading by example, he performs on average more than 500 hours of volunteer service each year.
Robert Serves on:
- Membership committee of the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce, member of the Board of Directors & twice past president of the chamber.
- Board of Directors of Camp Rainbow Connection, a camp for youth and adults diagnosed with intellectual disabilities, and a volunteer counselor for the camp. He is also a volunteer staff member for the camp during the summer.
- Board Chair for the Community Business Partnership.
- Treasurer of the National Capital Area Chrysalis community, a fourth day faith community.
- Chief Financial Officer for Camp Highroad, a high adventure camp for youth.
- Advisory Board Member for Therapeutic Adventures, Inc, an organization removing barriers between individuals with disabilities and them living a full and active life.
- Past Treasurer of the Alexandria District of the United Methodist Men
In addition, Robert is a volunteer instructor for the Women’s Business Center of Northern Virginia and the Small Business Development Center associated with the Community Business Partnership. He provides consulting services on a monthly basis for the clients of the Community Business Partnership and provides additional advisory services to them as needed. Robert also serves as a volunteer instructor for the Mason Enterprise Center in addition to providing counseling to their clients during the year. He provides QuickBooks Online classes during the year for the Small Business Administration’s SCORE program. Robert also is an instructor for the Virginia Tech Income Tax School.